With the black tie season upon us, we thought it would be a timely opportunity to explain how to tie a bow tie in five easy to follow moves.
1. Adjust the tie so that one end is slightly longer than the other, crossing the long end over the short.
2. Bring the long end through the centre at the neck.
3. Form an angle loop with the short end of the tie crossing left. Drop the long end at the neck over this horizontal loop.
4. Form a similar angle loop with the tie and push this loop through the short loop.
5. Tighten knot by adjusting the ends of both loops.